6 Teas for weight loss.
Teas are enriched with a type of flavonoid called catechins that assists boosting of metabolism and helps the breakdown of fat happen quickly, the caffeine contained in teas help increase energy levels in the body. There are some types of teas that are beneficial with weight loss.
- Green tea: green tea is the most common tea used for weight loss benefits. It is rich and contains high levels of catechin, the potent type called EGC. Research have proven about 3 pounds’ weight loss over 3 months in people that take EGCG rich green tea extract or catechin enhanced green tea. In order to get the desired effect, you need to take about 6 to 7 cups of your favorite green tea daily. The calorie burning effects of green tea may be from the combined effects of ECGC and caffeine which work together to achieve the desired weight loss.
- Black tea: black tea is popularly served in Chinese restaurants and is used to make iced teas, it has a strong and rich flavor. It is usually made from the same plant as green tea, what makes the difference is the leaves are exposed to the air to trigger the fermentation process. The polyphenols tend to alter gut bacteria in a way that helps with weight loss.
- Oolong Tea: this brew has a bolder flavor than green tea and is milder than the black tea. Oolong contains a mixture of polyphenols that green and black tea contains. Oolong tea provides caffeine, and this tea helps with weight loss. The fat burning effect of oolong tea may directly lead to weight loss by aiding in the lipid metabolism.
- White tea: this is the least processed tea, which is why it has a light and delicate flavor. The little processing on white tea, is the reason for the high amount of the anti- inflammatory antioxidant and fat burning EGCG, which makes it one of the best teas for weight loss, it also helps to speed up the breakdown of fat cells and helps to block the formation of new ones, so it is beneficial for weight loss.
- Hibiscus tea: this is harvested from the hibiscus leaves, it offers catechins like EGCG, and it helps to lower levels of cholesterol and blood pressure. It is also a great tea for weight loss, because it helps to keep weight at healthier levels and is beneficial to overweight or obese people, if they take hibiscus tea for about 12 weeks, they will be reduced body weight, BMI and hip to waist ratio.
- Peppermint tea: this has a soothing and calming effect on the body. The aroma of the peppermint tea helps to suppress appetite which is great for weight loss. Peppermint contains menthol, luteolin and some other volatile compounds, that can help improve health.
A cup of herbal teas is beneficial to the general wellbeing of the body, and if you are trying to lose weight. They are rich in antioxidants and contain anti-obesity properties that can help increase the metabolic rate and prevent the body from forming new fat cells.