Losing weight gradually and steadily, is the best way to keep the weight off. Healthy weight loss is not about a program diet, it is an ongoing lifestyle that tends to include long term changes in nutrition and exercise habits for good results.
Some guidelines for nutrition and weight loss
- Consuming smaller portions as part of the diet.
- Learning the method of healthy food preparatory methods.
- Choosing nutritious meals with reduced fat
- Reducing the number of daily calories intake..
- Paying attention to the meal composition, portion sizes and nutritional content.
- Consult a registered dietician for more insight.
- Drink plenty of water.
Hydration and weight loss
Drinking about 8 large cups of water throughout a day is the recommended daily water consumption. Drinking water is essential in the body as it helps to transport nutrients and eliminate wastes in the body. Adequate consumption of water is beneficial for people trying to achieve weight loss, because water helps the body to metabolize fat and avoid water retention.
Foods that help with weight loss
- Oatmeal: oatmeal tends to make you fuller and less hungry. Oatmeal contains more protein, more fiber, called beta glucan and less sugar, which when compared with other cereals, and it results in a lower number on the scales.
- Mushroom and ground beef: did you know you can have a burger and lose weight at the same time?, the trick is to make it super healthy by taking out the meat and replacing it with ground mushroom, they are very little calories taken in. they also help to keep your blood sugar levels steady which plays a role in helping you curb cravings.
- Weight loss diets that tend to include pulses have shown a high result in the weight loss progress than in diets that did not contain it.
- Avocados and dark leafy vegetables: low in calories and high in nutrients, a spinach and kale salad is just the right combination your diet needs, and a topping of avocado is the icing it needs to be complete. Avocado has a kind of good fat which is monosaturated in it that helps to starve off hunger and also helps the body to absorb the disease fighting antioxidant.
- Eggs and Sausage: when you fill up on a protein rich breakfast, you tend to go through the day without needing any snack. Having a high protein breakfast, in a study that involved obese young women, they felt fuller and did not need any sugary foods to munch on when compared to those that had cereal for breakfast, this increases their chance for weight loss.
Losing weight is not an easy process, it takes commitment just like every other thing in life, when you achieve the healthy weight you set out, you need to always pay attention to your nutrition and physical activity to help maintain it. It is important to mind the portion and sizes of food and stick with foods that are baked, broiled or grilled rather than fried foods.