Red fruits, superfood?
- Today I want to talk about some fruits that have been scientifically studied and considered very good for our body: red fruits. Very often we know them by their names (strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, blueberry, cherry, red peach), but despite the correctness of their classification as a group of fruits, each of them brings us different benefits and is of great importance to our diet.
- Red fruits can improve health because they contain a large number of flavonoids (a substance that protects the body from oxidation) and antioxidants (help reduce cholesterol, control cardiovascular health, and fight free radicals).
- In addition, they are ideal for a diet because they are low in calories and delicious! How to choose a red fruit? The stronger the color of the red fruit, the higher its nutritional value.
- Therefore, I recommend trying to eat a selection of berries (one cup max) per day.
Where can we find them?
Being seasonal fruits, many berries are hard to find. In many supermarkets, they sell frozen (organic) which is a good option as long as they read the nutritional values and ingredients (no preservatives, sugar, or chemicals). Now, I will give you a summary of the main red fruit: Blueberries are rich in antioxidants, help prevent cardiovascular diseases, and various types of cancer, and are also useful in improving blood circulation.
- Cherries provide a very high percentage of beta-carotene, as well as being energetic, cleansing and diuretic.
- Raspberries (my favorite) are fruits that are very rich in vitamin C, a vitamin known for its antioxidant benefits that help prevent cancer.
- Strawberries are well-tolerated fruits for diabetics, so they can be incorporated into their diet. They help fight anemia.
- Blackberries are ideal for high levels of fats in the blood, as they help reduce harmful cholesterol on the one hand, and increase HDL cholesterol on the other. They are good for preventing cardiovascular disease while reducing the risk of atherosclerosis.
So my friends eat red fruit: in cereal, with yogurt (if they have dairy), or in smoothies.
Here is a delicious red raspberry smoothie recipe:
- For 16 ounces: 1 cup frozen blueberries (or any red fruit)
- 12 ounces almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- ½ banana a handful of baby spinach (you can remove it if you don’t want to include vegetables)
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Half a teaspoon of vanilla
- Mix spinach with milk first.
- Then introduce the other ingredients.
Fruits are one of the most important food elements on the surface of the earth, and they are rich in nutrients that make them necessary to enhance human health and therefore need to be eaten daily. Among the nutrients that fruits are characterized by, there are vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants that promote heart health, protect against cancer, improve digestion, strengthen memory, as well as aid in weight loss, and improve skin and hair health. All types of fruits are beneficial for the body,
but there are 10 types of fruits that are considered the best to eat daily.
Top 10 useful fruits recommended eating daily
Apples provide the body with activity and energy, and it is one of the most powerful antioxidants that protect against cholesterol, high blood pressure, as well as Alzheimer’s. Continuously eating apples also contributes to improving oral and dental health, improving digestion, and losing weight, as it is low in calories.
One of the oldest and best fruits known to man. Grapes are rich in the antioxidants quercetin and resveratrol, which protect against heart disease and high cholesterol. Grapes are also rich in vitamins, especially vitamin C and vitamin K, which are necessary for normal blood clotting. Grapes also contain important minerals such as iron and potassium, and grapes protect constipation and other diseases of the digestive system.
Rich in potassium, which increases activity and energy in the body, bananas also help lower blood pressure and improve the work of the heart. Bananas are also rich in vitamin C, which enhances the freshness of hair and skin. It is also excellent for treating stomach acidity, preventing constipation, as well as losing weight, and aiding sleep.
One of the most food sources rich in antioxidants that protect against cancer, heart disease, memory, and the eye, and berries of various colors are useful for improving digestion and losing weight.
Like berries, pomegranate is rich in antioxidants and potassium that protect against high pressure and prevent cancer and heart disease. Also, pomegranate is effective in enhancing sexual ability and aiding digestion, as well as lowering cholesterol thanks to its fiber content.
The fruit is rich in the antioxidant beta-carotene, which is converted in the body into vitamin A, which helps in bone growth and the immune system. Mango also contains vitamin C, which protects against heart disease, and fiber that improves digestion increases the feeling of satiety, and prevents an increase in harmful cholesterol in the blood.
It contains bromelain, an anti-inflammatory enzyme, protects against heart disease, improves fertility and digestion, and pineapple is rich in vitamin C, antioxidants, and fiber.
One of the richest fruits in vitamins, minerals, melatonin, and antioxidants. Eating cherries treats gout and protects against cancer. It also helps in slimming the body, treating insomnia, lowering blood pressure, and increasing the freshness of the skin.
Rich in antioxidants that protect against cancer and heart disease, fiber that promotes digestion, as well as actinidin enzyme that helps digest animal protein.
Peach contains a high percentage of potassium, which is necessary to maintain normal blood pressure, in addition to vitamins A, C, and E, soluble and insoluble fibers that protect against heart disease and lower cholesterol, in addition to antioxidants that protect against diseases.