What is the difference between the keto diet and Atkins?
The difference between the keto diet and Atkins has become a lot more recent, especially after the recent spread of these diets in losing weight, improving health conditions, and eliminating many diseases through these types of diet that depends on reducing the intake of carbohydrates in food.
There is no doubt that there are many diets that work to lose weight, and the most famous of these diets is the keto diet and the Atkins diet, and some do not find any difference between keto and Atkins, as there is a great similarity between them, but in this article, we learn about the difference between keto and Atkins and the answers to each of them And what are its downsides so that you can easily choose between them.
The keto diet is one of the most popular diets that people who want to lose weight rely on, and it depends entirely on eating a lot of fat and reducing carbohydrate intake because this promotes the burning process.
In this system, the percentage of carbohydrates is greatly reduced so that it does not exceed 50 grams per day in the body, and after a few days of regularity on this diet, the body only has to rely on fat for energy, which makes the body burn larger percentages of fat in less time.
The keto diet can be followed in several ways, depending on the proportions of nutrients, as shown in the following:
- 70% fat, 20% protein, 10% carbs This method is called the standard keto diet.
- 60% fat, 35% protein, 5% carbs are called the high protein keto diet.
- Periods of eating carbohydrates in large quantities, followed by a period of significantly reducing it, for example, 5 ketogenic days can be identified, followed by two days of eating carbohydrates, called the periodic keto system.
- Eating carbohydrates when you exercise, is then called a target ketogenic diet.
Advantages of a keto diet
Although there are many negatives of the keto diet, there are many positives that when you know them, you may consider following a keto diet, including the following:
- It reduces blood sugar, which means avoiding the risk of developing diabetes.
- It improves the capabilities of the brain, energy, and neurons, making it capable of facing the challenges of hands.
- Reduces the risk of developing metabolic syndrome.
- Protects the brain from Alzheimer’s disease and strokes.
- Very useful for the mind, as it stimulates focus and mental activity.
- Protects the stomach from gases, bloating, and stomach diseases in general.
- For epilepsy patients, the keto diet greatly controls the spasms resulting from it.
- Keto diet works in large proportions to prevent the growth of cancer cells.
- Keto diet reduces the level of harmful cholesterol in the body.
- Protects the body from the dangers of various heart diseases.
- Adjusts blood pressure.
- Prevents atherosclerosis.
Disadvantages of the keto diet
Any diet is very likely to have negatives, and the keto diet is like any diet you can follow, and before you start with this system, we show you the negatives of the keto diet, which are as follows:
- At the beginning of following the keto diet, whoever may feel very tired, do not worry, this fatigue is a natural reaction of the body as it changes the source of its basic energy when it changes its energy source from carbohydrates to fats, this causes the body to fatigue and general fatigue, and this is known as “keto flu” Hunger Because you do not eat materials that contain large proportions of fiber, these foods are responsible for filling hunger, and you can overcome this feeling by eating a lot of leafy vegetables.
- A balance must be made in the intake of fatty substances throughout the day, because excessive amounts of them may expose you to health problems such as heart disease, and to avoid any health problems, you must have a lot of vegetables in your diet.
What is the Atkins Diet?
The Atkins Diet is one of the most famous diets in the world. It is a celebrity diet that many famous personalities have used to obtain an athletic and acceptable body.
The Atkins diet depends on reducing the body’s consumption of carbohydrates to reach 20 grams, as opposed to relying on proteins and fats for energy, by doubling the proportion of proteins in the body. The Atkins diet consists of four connected stages.
The benefits of the Atkins diet
- many benefits result from the Atkins diet in addition to losing weight, and many scientific studies have praised this, as the Atkins diet works to improve the percentage of body fat, and these studies have proven that the Atkins diet is the best at all and has greater effectiveness, in the long run.
- It also does not deprive its followers of any food or nutritional element like other diets.
- Atkins’s diet allows you to eat foods containing simple carbohydrates so that you start eating simple percentages of carbohydrates and these percentages rise little by little until you reach the percentage that your body accepts with the process of Weight loss.
Difference between keto and Atkins in results
- The goal of the Atkins diet is to lose weight in a faster way, and this appears in the results of the diet shortly after it is followed, but the problem is that this result sometimes does not last and the body may return to its first form.
- While followers of the keto diet get other health benefits in addition to gradual weight loss, they can easily maintain this weight as it is a continuous diet and the body gets used to it.
The difference between keto and Atkins in weight stabilization
- Any diet that aims to lose weight when you follow it will reach this result, but – dear reader – is there a relationship between diet and weight stabilization? This is up to you and your will.
- Before you start the keto or Atkins diet, you must first ask yourself are you able to change your diet? Are you able to take a new approach to your eating regimen, and most importantly, are you able to continue with it? Because this is what is important in the process of weight stabilization, your commitment, and your will to help you stabilize your weight.