Terms such as nutrient-dense, nutrient-rich or high-micronutrient-density foods refer to the number of beneficial nutrients in a food product in proportion to its energy content or weight with a small number of harmful nutrients in it.
The World Health Organization classifies foods and food products according to their nutritional composition.
Some foods are rich in nutrients but relatively low in calories, while others are nutrient-dense and contain vitamins, minerals, complex carbohydrates, lean protein, and healthy fats.
Examples of nutrient-dense foods include fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat or fat-free dairy products, seafood, lean meats, eggs, peas, beans, and nuts. Some foods contain very rich nutrients, as well as a variety of vitamins and minerals.
It is also characterized by the density of nutrients at a higher level than its counterparts.
But although these foods are among the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet, a person should not rely solely on them without the rest of the nutrients that provide the body with the rest of the elements that the human body needs.
Rather, he must eat a variety of foods in his meals to ensure that he obtains a varied nutritional profile and avoid any nutrient deficiencies, which means that a balanced meal should include foods from the five food groups, namely: carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, and minerals.
Therefore, experts consider it wise to fill this calorie quota with plenty of nutrient-rich foods to meet the body’s nutritional requirements.
Super food list
the list listed below is some of the foods that are rich in nutrients and can be part of your daily diet:
Salmon and sardines Fish
- Salmon and sardines Fish is generally considered nutritious.
- But like all vegetables, there is a difference in benefits depending on the type of fish.
- Salmon is extremely rich in omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium, potassium, selenium, and B vitamins, which help protect the body from serious diseases like heart and Alzheimer’s for example. salmon
- Garlic is known for its versatility and benefits, which make it a part of most dishes.
- It also contains sulfur compounds.
- Several scientific studies show that eating garlic regularly can lower blood pressure, reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) and increase HDL (good) cholesterol, as well as prevent colon and stomach cancer.
- Raw garlic also acts as an antibacterial and antifungal.
Broccoli and cauliflower
- The group of vegetables that includes broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage are a good source of phytonutrients and are rich in folic acid, vitamins C, E, and K, and fiber.
- In addition to their anti-cancer, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral effects, broccoli, and cauliflower help reduce inflammation and reduce the risk of cancer. chia seeds chia seeds
- Dark leafy green vegetables contain good amounts of vitamins A, C, and K, magnesium, and calcium.
- It is also rich in iron and dietary fiber and has a low glycemic index, in addition to being very rich in phytochemicals and b-carotene flavonoids.
- Several studies show that leafy greens protect from cardiovascular disease and cancer. Its antioxidants help reduce oxidative damage to cells and thus help fight age.
- Vitamin A promotes eye health.
Chia seeds are a storehouse of protein and a complete source of amino acids, carbohydrates, fiber, calcium, and antioxidants. Some studies have indicated that eating chia seeds regularly is linked to improved heart health.
They also provide a great alternative to dairy products as they are rich in calcium. Chia seeds help contain the rise in blood sugar levels.
- Cowpeas are legumes that are high in protein, fiber, and good amounts of iron, magnesium, phosphorous, calcium, and zinc. Cowpeas ensure a high amount of nutrients beneficial for bone health and joint flexibility.
- Calcium, magnesium, and phosphorous help control blood pressure naturally, while high fiber prevents insulin spikes, controls blood sugar levels, and improves gut health.
- Eat 8-10 soaked almonds daily to get protein, fiber, vitamin E, calcium, copper, magnesium, riboflavin, iron, potassium, selenium, zinc, B vitamins, niacin, thiamin, and folate.
- Soaking almonds is the best way to get maximum benefits which include strengthening muscles and bones and lowering bad cholesterol. Almonds also help reduce feelings of depression and stress and protect cells from damage.
- Peanuts are known to be a good source of healthy fats, protein, and fiber. It contains a lot of potassium, phosphorous, magnesium, and B vitamins.
- Although it is high in calories, peanuts are rich in nutrients and low in carbohydrates.
- Experts recommend that women eat peanuts during pregnancy because they are rich in biotin.
- Peanuts provide healthy nutrients for the heart and blood vessels along with antioxidants.
- Some studies indicate that peanuts help in reducing the risk of developing gallstones as regular consumption of peanuts helps in lowering cholesterol.
- Walnuts contain calcium, iron, proteins, potassium, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Research results indicate that it helps reduce inflammation that causes heart attacks, as well as prevent blood clots.
- Regular consumption of walnuts in moderate amounts contributes to lowering the bad LDL cholesterol.
- It promotes good bacteria in the gut as well as the advantage of improving the management of blood sugar levels.
- It also protects against certain types of cancers.
- Yogurt is a good source of calcium and protein, and it also contains live probiotic bacteria. These “good bacteria” can protect the body from other, more harmful bacteria.
- All health starts in the gut and adding fermented foods and fresh homemade yogurt is an important way to get the good live bacteria in your body.
- Experts agree that a well-functioning intestine leads to the regular expulsion of toxins from the body, as well as the fact that good bacteria enhance the performance of the immune system at the same time.
Sweet potatoes are useful foods for the vagina and women’s health, one of which is sweet potatoes, so you should eat more sweet potatoes to increase your fertility, as sweet potatoes have several benefits, especially for women trying to conceive, as they are rich in vitamin A, which is linked to fertility in both men and women.
Sweet potatoes may also help:
- Strengthening and protecting the walls of the uterus and vagina.
- Supporting healthy fetal development.
- They produce sex hormones and are often recommended for women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
- Strengthening the muscle tissue of the walls of the vagina and uterus.
- Therefore, it is recommended to start your morning with delicious and healthy potatoes for energy, and an ample dose of vitamin A.